Jaimee Rae Pharr
Tuesday February 17th, 2009 at 3:57pm
6lbs 7oz
21 1/2 inches long
We weren't going to celebrate Jaimee's birthday until Wednesday (her actual birthday) but Ryan decided last minute that our trip to Arkansas needed to be postponed and rescheduled us to leave for Arkansas on Wednesday the 17th (Jaimee's birthday). I was bummed cause I wanted to take her to ChuckECheese and have a nice celebration for her ON her birthday.
So last minute we decided to take her to ChuckECheese in Davenport and my parents would be able to come too. We invited the family to join us and I really didn't think too many would come because it was short notice and for most, at least a 30 minute drive. To my surprise, we had 20 family members come!!
I was pretty stressed cause I wanted to make a reservation since we had so many people say they would come; however, ChuckECheese does not allow reservations unless you pay to do one of their party packages. They wanted to either charge $10.99 per kid (min 4) or $5.99 per kid (min 10)--OUCH! I really did not want to spend that much and tried to call the local restaurant to see if they would work with me; however, the only number listed went to their Texas call center which was closed due to inclement weather. I called the next day and it was open so an automated machine finally gave me the real number (why couldn't it do that in snow? I guess machines need snow days too). Nope they wouldn't make reservations and told me that it was probably an hour wait :(
So we decided to go up early so we could WAIT. We got in pretty quickly but then we were told that we couldn't get a table in their showroom (where ChuckE does his show). Disappointing but as long as we get a table I was gonna be happy. A few minutes later the guy said "a party is leaving, we can get you in the showroom!"
All the stress to get a table at Chuck E. Cheese finally paid off. We got the perfect table at 6:23p, 7 minutes before we told people to be there!! It was good we didn't have a reservation because they only let you be there 90 minutes, which I though would be plenty but everyone ended up staying for probably 2 to 2-1/2 hours!
We had such a wonderful time. I was so happy that so many of my family came out to help make my baby's day super special and Jaimee was so happy to dance to the music, ride the little cars, and play in the jungle gym with daddy.
Jaimee Dancing with ChuckECheese
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSNZfb0iNZo
Chuck E. came out and made a big deal about birthdays (for the people who paid but we got to benefit from too). That is what Jaimee was dancing to. After that we ate pizza, then played some games, and then gathered again to eat cake. Jaimee got a Finding Nemo cake.
She REALLY enjoyed eating it. She grabbed the cake and stuffed it in her mouth. She had a big piece and ate a lot of it. Towards the end she remembered her manners and tried to use a fork. She had quite the sugar high.
Jaimee Eating Birthday Cake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkKviSBScSI
Even though I instructed people to NOT bring presents, they didn't listen so Jaimee opened her presents. Such a spoiled girl! Thank you everyone for the great gifts. We took them out today and she played for several hours with each of her new gifts.
After all the festivities were over, several of us followed JoDe and Josh over to their new house just minutes away. It is a really cute house and I'm so happy that they are able to be closer to Josh's job (shaves 3 hours of driving out of his day!).
I/We were exhausted at the end of the night but everyone in our car couldn't stop talking about how much fun we had and how perfectly everything had turned out and how special and thankful we were that so many were able to attend.




No comments:
Post a Comment