It was a wonderful 80 some degrees here yesterday. Time to pull out the summer clothes!
A while back I had bought Jaimee a cute little outfit- white capris with a little purple flower top and she finally was able to wear it. To go with the cute outfit, I put pigtails in her hair and little white flip flops. She looked so grown up, like a 2 year old :-)
We spent a lot of time outside yesterday. We took the dogs for a walk and then we went to the grassy area and I hooked the dogs on their steak and Jaimee and I walked around looking at the grass, sticks, dirt, birds, etc. She enjoyed pushing her stroller around and trying to walk the dogs. Probably not the best day to dress her in white capris.
Later after Ryan came home, we took Jaimee on her 1st trike ride outside. She's had plenty of rides in the house but its so much more exciting outside. Little dare devil kept standing up on the seat while riding and she would rock her body forward trying to make it go faster. Then she tried to climb off so we stopped and let her walk. She wanted to push her trike so we walked really really slow. We decided to cut our walk short and take her to the playground. She went down a few slides and had fun trying to walk between toys. She did so good. Her balance and steps were so controlled. She seemed pretty proud.
She was pretty tuckered after such a busy day and went to bed a little early. For about the past week, she's been waking up EVERY night at least 1 time. In the beginning I was sure it was due to teething so I was pretty attentive but now she has been perfectly fine during the day minus a little runny nose. She cries like she's in pain.
Last night was no different. She started fussing but not real bad so I just waited hoping she'd go back to sleep. Her fussing gradually escalated and I figured she was just wanting attention so I waited a bit longer. Finally I went in and decided I wasn't gonna rock her so I just laid her back down and left. I waited 1 minute while she screamed. Went in and laid her back down. Waited 2 minutes while she screamed. Went back in and laid her down. Waited 3 minutes and I couldn't take it anymore. She was standing holding her little bunny and sobbing...I gave in and picked her up. I know I know but its so hard to let your little one cry especially when I'm not 100% convinced she isn't still teething some.
I snuggled her and she was almost asleep when she popped up. I thought oh boy we get to start the fight over. She pointed to her crib and jabbered so I put her in her crib (I just KNEW she would scream bloody murder when I put her down) and she just laid down and went right to sleep. She told me she wanted to go to bed!! She's only 1! Smart little girl.
Its so amazing how much babies grow and learn in 1 year. Its so fun to watch her grow and change but I sure wish she would slow down. I looked at my pictures last night and there was one wearing jeans. I remember when I took it that she looked so big but last night I couldn't believe I thought she looked big because now I think she looks so tiny.


My baby girl is so sweet -- no matter what size she is!
ReplyDelete