Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Back in Iowa

Sunday we received the sad news that Ryan's uncle had passed away within minutes of being removed from life support.  We are very sad but one thought of encouragement is that his cancer had returned so maybe it was best that he was taken quickly rather than enduring long suffering from the cancer.  The funeral was held today at 11am.  We were unable to attend :(

We traveled home from Tennessee on Monday, our anniversary.  We didn't do anything special.  We considered stopping at a nice restaurant on the way home but we were both not wanting to arrive super late so decided to skip it.  We did get some nice conversation time in on the 8 hour turned 9 1/2 hour long trip (babies don't eat very quickly when we stop and its hard to feed her in a bouncing vehicle and dogs don't take themselves potty while we get our food).  It felt good to get home.  We watched 1/2 of the Hangover before hitting the hay.

Tuesday we finished our movie.  It was good.  I got my hair cut.  It really doesn't look a lot different/shorter but I have hated the right side of my head for a long time now and they fixed that so I'm happy.  We were going to drop Jaimee off at the grandparents and go see the movie Brother's but the weather was predicted to get bad so we didn't.  We probably should've because we didn't get the bad weather.  Instead, we started packing up our house :(  We worked for quite a while but honestly I couldn't tell you what we accomplished- maybe some laundry.  Ryan picked us up some burritos and ice cream and we watched The Goods (okay, not great).

Today, I got a massage.  We took our car to the shop to get the broken thing fixed- couldn't tell you what it was and don't really care since its covered under warranty.  Ryan shoveled.  I got my Christmas cards printed, addressed, and mailed!  We did a small amount of packing.

The weather is nasty.  Rain that is going to of course freeze tonight.  Well, its already freezing but the busy city roads are still fine.  Its gonna make our drive to Muscatine tomorrow not a whole lot of fun but I'm looking forward to our activities.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!!  Take care and stay warm.  We are thinking of you and missing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment