Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Mastered Crawling Now onto Other Things

Why is it that babies think they need to grow and change so fast?  Jaimee is just 9 1/2 months but I tell you that time has passed so quickly and she has changed so much.  To go from such a little tiny thing that cannot do anything for herself (except breathe and go to the bathroom) to now she is a super crawler, feeds herself finger foods, points, waves, etc is so amazing.

I just have started giving her finger food meals.  Her first official do-it-yourself meal consisted of spaghetti noodles and green beans.  She loved it and so did the dogs :-)  Rory has learned that if she stands next to the highchair where Jaimee can see her that Jaimee will lean way over and share her food.  I'm not so crazy about her feeding herself.  It is so much messier, she doesn't eat as much so I still have to feed her, and she is sooo SLOW.





She is becoming much more steady on her legs.  We have a gate in front of the Christmas tree and she stands holding onto it and has started to take tiny side steps to walk along it.  I stood her behind a push toy and she took FIVE steps.  I stood her on the floor the other day and she felt really sturdy so I took my hands off and she actually STOOD for 5 MISSISSIPPIs (that's how we count seconds in the midwest).  She is starting to move between objects to "cruise" around.

She has stood herself up in her bed now 3 times and has pulled herself up on one of her table toys once.  She is so proud when I walk into her room and see her standing so big.

Slow down baby girl!

1 comment:

  1. She is so sweet Rhi!! What a big girl already. Isn't bittersweet how fast they grow up! It is so fun to see the new milestones but that "baby" time is so precious. enjoy that little one! so cute!

    I like reading your blog - and I know what you mean about hearing from other adults! When you're around kid(s) all day, its nice to have someone to relate to, vent, trade tips... :)

    ReplyDelete