Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Move

Someone told me that they were missing my Pharrlands so I'm going on a blog binge and this is the first of several to come.  Sit back and enjoy ;-)

The Sunday after Christmas, my parents and brother came up and helped Ryan and I load up all of our big items into the moving van.  We actually got a lot more loaded up than I had intended but that was a good thing.

After we got the big stuff loaded we all went to see the movie Avitar in 3D.  Mom had gone and got us tickets earlier that day so we just had to show up.  Well, as we were going through the entrance we handed the ticket lady our tickets only we were 1 short.  We looked and looked and mom was sure she bought 5 and then we realized we only had 4 pairs of glasses so she must have only got 4 tickets.  After the frenzie, the ticket lady said for us ALL to just go on in.  Good job mom, free ticket!!  It was a good movie.  Jaimee struggled a little.  It was naptime and she did fall asleep for about 30 minutes and then something startled her.  We were way up front and lots of loud noises, it was scary. So Gramme took her out and they movie hopped from Alvin & the Chipmunks and the Princess Frog or something like that.  They had fun I think.

Monday we worked and worked and Ryan loaded and loaded.  Jaimee cried and cried and kept me very busy.  Around 11pm we had everything that we were taking loaded up.  Where are the Uhaul keys??  Packed??  Oh no!!  We searched and searched and after a half hour or so finally found them.  We left around midnight.  Stupid!  I was tired an hour into the drive (actually I was tired before we left).  We stopped on the other side of DesMoines around 3am.  Jaimee woke up when we stopped and it took her forever to fall back to sleep.  I had to sleep with her so I didn't sleep good.  7am came too early.  Ryan set up our lease signing for 9am.  Uh!

We were so very thankful that Kristen's dad Dale came over and helped us unload the truck.  Jaimee was so cranky and clingy and wasn't gonna nap!  I pretty much just grabbed boxes at the door to help keep the brand spankin' new carpet somewhat clean.  I did some cleaning and unpacking.  I really don't know how we would've gotten unloaded before the truck was due back if Dale hadn't helped us.  Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!

I worked really hard to get everything unpacked and put away so that we could go back to Muscatine for the New Year.  Its pretty good now.  I haven't done anything in our 2nd bathroom and we have some things on the kitchen table that we haven't found a home for yet (mainly office supply stuff).

The dogs took several days to feel comfortable.  They were on edge and nervous and sad.  They aren't used to having people in "their" space so Rory gets into a lot of trouble for warning us that someone is out there.  I used to kinda like that she warned me at our house but its not acceptable in the apartment.  In the last couple of days, they have started to play and seem happy so I think they are adjusting good.

Jaimee doesn't really seem to know that she's somewhere else.  She has a nice, big room and so we put a lot of her toys that used to be in our living room in there so now she can play in her room.

I'm adjusting.  Its not home but its a nice place.  I miss being 45 min from my parents.  I miss the yard for the dogs.  I miss our doctor and our activities (gym and Wee Read).  We had fallen into a pretty nice routine.  I am not a big fan of change.  I really like having our family together.  It feels right.  I really like that I am able to sneak away by myself occassionally while daddy watches Jaimee. 

As soon as we get our odds and ends taken care of I will take some pictures or a video for youtube so you can all see where we live.  I sent our address in the link to this blog.  If you didn't get it and want it, email me and I will get it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment