Thursday, January 7, 2010

The New Year Begins

Monday Ryan went to registration for classes.  He took Jaimee so he could show her off.  I had great plans of doing several errands; however, registration went really fast and all I accomplished was a shower, getting dressed, and fixing my hair.

We checked out several gyms.  Our apartments have a little fitness room but its kinda lacking in strength equipment and I have totally fallen in love with Zumba so I have really been looking for this class.  There are a few in town that have it but only 1 day a week and I had been doing 3 days a week.  One place did have it 2 days a week but it was clear on the southside of town and the membership was quite pricey.  We ended up joining the Y.  They 2 classes however both are on Tuesday (one am and one pm at different Ys) so I am going to have a Zumberific Tuesday.  I really wanted to find a place that both Ryan and I would like so we could work out together.  The Y has a pool so we can swim with Jaimee and they have daycare and we can use the Muscatine Y when we visit for free so it was a good choice.

Tuesday Ryan started classes again.  The public schools were all cancelled due to SNOW but not Union.  We have things put up enough that I did a little cooking.  It was fun to have a family dinner together.  I ran out of baby cereal and keep forgetting to get more so Jaimee has been eating the same food as us.  Its been kinda fun to cook for all 3 of us (I say kinda cause I don't really enjoy cooking).

We also got our own Internet on Tuesday!  I was so excited.  We had been stealing of an unsecured network and it wasn't a very strong signal so it was real slow.  I have gotten excited about digital scrapbooking and had some fun stuff to download.  Now I just need Jaimee to start napping again so I can watch the tutorials and learn how to use my stuff.  That is my New Year's Resolution: to get my pictures organized and tagged, to get all my videos on DVD and keep it up-to-date, and to start digital scrapbooking the year.

Today was fun.  Jaimee and I went to Toddler Time at the library.  They don't have a Wee Read here so we went to the toddler one even though she's technically not old enough.  She loved it.  They had a train whistle and we all got on the train (walked in a circle) and the lady would occassionally blow the whistle.  Jaimee's neck nearly whipped off trying to turn and see the "noise."  Its so much fun to watch her enjoy storytime and to participate with her.

Then we all went to the Y.  Jaimee went to daycare and Ryan and I went to a CardioBlast class.  It was tough!!  We both enjoyed it and got a good workout.  Jaimee didn't have such a good time.  She fussed a lot for them and they finally came and got us right before class ended.  I think she might be working on some teeth cause she's been fussy, not sleeping, and drooling a little bit.

We'll be here in Lincoln this weekend.  I have a honey-do list so maybe we can get everything completely put away, have a little fun, and take Jaimee to Sabbath School and the Children's Museum...we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment