Monday, March 15, 2010

2nd Haiti Update

I have worked in the hospital post-op recovery unit for the last 14 hours. I am exhausted but very happy to be able to help. I can't begin to describe in words in the limited time on the computer what I'm seeing. The unit I work in had 7 patients. At first they tested me with 3. Then when they knew I could do things they gave me all 7 patents. From age 34 weeks gestation to 81 years old.


The sewage line was leaking poop all on the floor by the bath room. They had someone mopping every hour. The premie will possibly die becuse she is too young to suck.

It started raining for the first time right now. I will lose contact with you for the next 3 days because we are going out to do a mobile clinic in various places in the country. They are planing on using me as a pharmacy director or nurse practitioner. I will email u as soon as possible.

I miss you guys so much I could cry. After a hard day of work I want to come home and snuggle with you and Jamiee. Thank you for being such a great wife. I thank God for being so rich.

I must go because there are 6 people in line.

With Love,
Ryan Pharr

No comments:

Post a Comment