Thursday, July 8, 2010

10 Year Reunion and Moving

Ugh! I feel so old. Ryan and I attended my 10-Year Reunion the first weekend in June. I was a little nervous cause I haven't really kept in touch with anyone but still wanted to go just to see who all came.
The first night was at a bar downtown. It was kinda hard to figure out who were classmates and who were just customers. I did see a few old friends and was very excited to see that one of my good friends, Melissa, had came! It was nice to visit and laugh about old memories. We had played softball together since we were like in 7th or 8th grade and then stayed friends through high school and even though we hadn't talked a whole lot through the years we were able to fall right back into the grove.

The 2nd night was a banquet dinner/dance thingy.  Hardly anyone showed up which was very disappointing. More showed up the night before cause it was free. The banquet cost some money.  We had to talk ourselves into staying until the silent auction was over. We won a couple tickets to Adventureland and Ryan got labor for his motorcycle and a cute little emergency kit for his motorcycle. I think things did liven up later on but I couldn't handle waiting any longer even though I really wanted to dance lol

The next day was Sunday and Ryan and I left our baby girl and puppy dogs in Iowa and headed back to Lincoln to move our stuff. We wanted to get some Uhaul blankets in Council Bluff so we could start wrapping stuff that night and were horrified when we discovered I had left my debit card and ID back in Iowa. I had taken them out of my wallet and put them in my back pocket Friday night and never took them out. Ryan's been without his ID since his Haiti trip and you have to have an ID to rent a moving truck or any other supplies. We had a reservation for our truck the next morning so we were in a bit of a panic as to what to do. We ended up having my dad scan my ID in color and emailed it to me. I prinited it off at a Kinkos and luckily that was good enough to rent the moving truck!!

Monday was moving day and we loaded everything up into the truck and drove back to Iowa. It was a LONG trip cause the truck was only able to drive about 55 mph. The next several days were spent unloading the truck and trying to organize our boxes in the storage room downstairs and the garage. I think we have rearranged the garage about five time or more.

Its been a bit of a challenge getting settled since we can't just unload our stuff into an empty place but instead have to clean and rearrange the rooms to make room for our stuff first and if we bring any of our stuff in, it usually means we have to figure out a spot for something that has to come out of the room first but its finally coming together.

No comments:

Post a Comment