I can't believe July is almost over.
I got my first root canal ever done. It wasn't quite as horrible as I thought it might be but it was still very scary. Hopefully I will never have to get one again.
Pretty much every Friday this month I have been doing a yardsale. Ryan and I had quite a bit of stuff we were wanting to sell and my parents had quite a bit too. Getting set up each week was so much work and tear down was always so disappointing lol We did a combined sale at Mark and Bellie's a couple weeks ago and that was my LAST one. All but a few items were donated, not to be touched by me again.
I have been working on cleaning out an apartment. Oh my!!! Family and friends who smoke, please seriously consider quitting!! This apartment was so gross. Nicotine covered everything. I had to use ammonia to clean everything. I would spray the solution on the surface and brown, nasty drops of tar would come streaming down. This is what is coating your lungs too and you cannot drink ammoina to clean it off. QUIT SMOKING!! The place was so icky and the ammoina smell so strong that I couldn't bring Jaimee with me so have been having to put in some late hours after her bedtime to get it finished up. Glad it is now done. Such a relief.
I was asked by a family in our church to do some swim lessons. So each Tuesday and Thursday I've been doing that. Its been kind of fun getting in the water again and teaching. I might get 1 more lesson. The lady was talking to one of her co-workers and they were interested. I said why not if we could do it on the same night either before/after the other one since I'm already in the water. So we'll see if it works out.
Ryan has been studying a lot; although, his motivation seems to be struggling a bit. He only has a few more weeks before his test so he needs to get cracking :-) He is now limited in his extra curricular activities. The morning of our last yardsale, he was helping us load up the pool table and basketball game into the truck we borrowed from my grandma. He jumped out of the back and slipped and sprained his ankle pretty badly. He was wearing his croc sandals and the grass was wet from the morning dew still. Several weeks earlier he had a motorcycle accident. He was turning and the ground was very uneven. His tire decided not to climb the pavement and he tipped over hurting his wrist pretty badly and shattering his cell phone. Hopefully he can stay accident free the rest of the summer!!
Jaimee has been hard at work growing teeth. She's up to 9 now and I can see several places where the gums are kind of swollen so I'm sure it won't be too much longer before more appear. She's such a good little talker. She has a HUGE vocabulary and can/will repeat just about anything we say. Such a stinker.
I have been working with Rory on being an "off-leash" dog. Shibas are really not recommended for being off leash and with our experiences thanks to Tucker we have been extremely careful to NOT let any shiba out without a leash. Rory is different though. She doesn't mind being caught and doesn't run from us. She is very happy to "come" from a treat. My concerns are: cars (I won't let her go in a busy area) and her incredibly strong prey drive. I have been able to call her back from birds and a squirrel. I do worry about bunnies. Birds, squirrels, and even cats all eventually go "up" thus ending the chase where a bunny stays on the ground until a) Rory is lost or b) the bunny gets eaten. I have taken her on several walks around the neighborhood without her leash. She does awesome in the backyard sniffing and running around. We took her and Tucker out to my cousin Wynter's. She lives on a farm and her neighbors have cows. Rory wanted to play with the cows sooo bad. She got in her lowest play-bow possible and would make chirpy little play with me sounds. She even scolded a cow when it tried to eat her blade of grass. Gutsy little dog. Tucker gets to play too but we put a 100ft. light-weight line with knots tied in it every 10 or so feet that he has to drag around behind him.
Well that's all I can think of. Toodles.
No comments:
Post a Comment