My last blog was April 2nd 2010. A lot has happened since then. I went through my old facebook posts to see what all has happened in the past 3 months.
As of my last blog, Jaimee was just starting to walk and practice changing directions- she is now a runner. She can spin, walk backwards, and is really pretty steady on her feet.
On April 15th I posted on facebook that I asked Jaimee to find her shoes and was amazed that she brought me ONE. Today she put her shoes on all by herself.
Three months is a long time to go without a blog yet a relatively short period of time in my life; however, my baby has dramatically grown and changed. I can't believe how quickly they grow up!
I learned some comical lessons in motherhood when I put Jaimee to bed without pants over her diaper. I found her bare-butt standing happily over a little puddle of pee in her bed.
We used to fake cry to entice Jaimee to give us hugs and kisses and to our surprise and amazement, Jaimee fake cried showing us that she's no fool. Since May 6th, I have watched her play with her baby dolls and manipulate the dolly's hands to cover its face and then make a cry noise.
We got to enjoy taking Jaimee to the zoo for the first time while living in Lincoln. It was a wonderful experience for Ryan and I to see everything through the eyes of our precious little girl. Ryan helped her feed goats, she pet a soft bunny and even nuzzled it and gave the bunny a kiss. We watched the monkey eat and play. The wallabee's (aka Kangaroos lol) were a big hit as well- especially when one got a little silly and hopped back and forth for us.
Ryan finished school and began his quest of studying for the medical entrance test (MCAT).
I enjoyed my 2nd Mother's Day. I woke up to a wonderful breakfast in bed and a sweet little card that was "signed" by my girl. I was treated to a free meal at Valentino's and the food was WONDERFUL! Val's was so packed but all the buffet items were super fresh. YUMMY!!
We lived through a scary fall from a bouncy house that resulted in Jaimee turning white and getting a knot on her head. We spent the night waking up to check on her to make sure there wasn't a concusion. Since then she took an equal or worse fall on the driveway. Big, huge bump and very purple bruise on her forehead for everyone to see. A bloody and scratched up nose. A very scraped up knee that is still sore cause everytime she falls down (which happens quite frequently) she re-skins it. A cut across the palm of her hand. She has also been bitten by one of the dogs. Not hard enough to break the skin but it left a full imprint of all the teeth (top and bottom) for two days. A tough lesson in handling dogs that she already seems to have forgotten- no pulling tails and squeezing their paws (she loves their reaction grr!).
We took a long trip to Arkansas and moved back to Iowa which are both deserving of their own blog.
I have several new videos at www.youtube.com/rpharr21 and lots of new photos on my facebook page.
No comments:
Post a Comment