Friday, November 6, 2009

H1N1 Adventure

Our county was having an appointment only H1N1 clinic this week and I called about 6 times to schedule an appointment. You had to leave a message and they call back in the order received. The clinic day came and past (Wednesday) with no call.

Thursday I had just laid Jaimee down and my mom texted that she just gave Nick a number to call to schedule himself a shot. I jokingly said, make one for Jaimee too. Mom sent me the information and I grabbed Jaimee out of bed and off we went to West Liberty.  30 minutes away/ 15 min from Muscatine.  We had nothing else to do and I thought it was important. 

It was going to be held at the Elementary school.  West Liberty is where I used to sub a lot and would have LOVED to have a job there.  We arrived at the schoool 20 min early.  I expected a line but there were hardly any cars.  At 10 til we went in and there was NOTHING.  There was an after-school program in the gym so I asked them about it and they said its at the Elementary school.  I said isn't that where I'm at.  No...this is now the Early childhood school, elementary school is now where the middle school was and I have no idea where the middle school is now.  A lot changed in the 2 years since I last subbed there.  There was a line but not too bad- 30 minutes.  When we left the line was completely out the door and down the sidewalk.

Afterwards, we drove to cousin Wynter's house for a visit.  We stayed there a couple hours and it was fun.  Jaimee liked Andy until she reached out and touched his beard, then she cried and wasn't too sure about him.  We then headed into Muscatine and visited Gramme and Grandpa and Crazy Uncle Nick.  Jaimee was so tired and cranky at first but then she got happy and playful.

Today I have received 3 calls from our county wanting to schedule an appointment with me.  Too late.

I have spent the day sick.  I feel like such an OLD BUM this week.  First my back and then sick.  I've had a sore throat, throbbing headache, and a tiny fever.  I finally took some tylenol and my fever broke.  That's not so fun either- sweating for over an hour.  Yuck!!  I am feeling a bit better now. Poor Jaimee has had to entertain herself for most of the day.  She does a pretty good job of it.  Hope I didn't pass it on to anyone we visited yesterday.  Sorry guys!

Ryan's on his way home now.  He should be here in the next 30 minutes.  We're excited except I hope I don't get him sick. 

Hope you all have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you're not sick while your hubby-doodle is home! That would be a bummer. If Gram(me) needs to come take the little one -- just holler! Betcha Wynnie Sue would run over and help out too!

    ReplyDelete