Monday, November 23, 2009

Ryan's Home, We're Staying Busy

Ryan is home for his 10 day Thanksgiving break.  He arrived Friday evening.  Jaimee was super happy and was a little show off, crawling here and there and showing him how she can climb on things constantly looking back to make sure he was watching.  It was cute.

Saturday we drove down to Muscatine for Church.  I guess we neglected to inform my parents because they were a little shocked when we walked in and then a little paniced because they hadn't prepared or bought anything for lunch.  We survived and my mom was able to whip together some pretty good patties with leftover oatmeal, crackers, and eggs.  We kind of dressed matching that day so we had mom take some pictures of the three of us to use on our Christmas cards.  Jaimee is such a smiley baby but would she cooperate, nope.  We got some nice pictures but none with her nice big smile :-(

Saturday night we had invited family members over to play some games and watch a movie.  It was a nice time.  I just love playing games and am very thankful for anyone that will play with me.  Ryan isn't much of a game person so he pretty much spent the evening babysitting Jaimee and Reese (mainly Jaimee but Reese was around).  He said he had a lot of fun with the two of them.  He likes that Reese likes to sit on his lap.

Ryan and I snuck away to do some Christmas shopping for Jaimee.  We got her several fun looking things.

Sunday we did some shopping.  Ryan ripped his only pair of jeans and he didn't like the sweater I got him for pictures so our mission was new jeans and a sweater.  We were successful and Jaimee got to play in the Tot Lot there.  She's really getting brave and adventurous.

We put up our tree Sunday night.  Jaimee sat in her highchair and ate O's while Ryan and I worked.  We played several Christmas CDs.  Jaimee really enjoyed the music.  Our tree is pretty plain this year- just colorful lights and a star on top but we like it.  I had to remove the kitchen barrier to protect the tree so now Jaimee is free to roam again.  Oh boy!  She really likes looking at the tree and in one spot the branch is sticking through the gate and she likes to touch it.  Now to wrap my presents to place under the tree.

Today Jaimee had her 9 month check-up.  Her growth is starting to level off a bit early and she dropped in percentages.  Height she went from 97%ile to 75%ile and weight 60th to 47%.  The doctor's not concerned.  I had started to give Jaimee more water because she really isn't super into nursing anymore and I figured she needed more fluids but the doctor said Jaimee needed more calories and said I should give her pumped milk or formula.  I'll give her the milk until we run out.  It goes in a sippy cup because I don't want to teach Jaimee to take a bottle and then have to break her from it here in 3 months when she can have real milk.

We did our family photos today of all 5 of us.  We went to a studio in the mall and we got lots of attention walking our two shibas in.  The dogs were scared and timid which turned out to be a good thing because they wanted to sit and cuddle with us so they were very cooperative and we were able to take their collars off for the pictures.  Jaimee was super going into the studio but quickly decided that she would rather be doing something else.  We got some nice pictures but once again, none with her nice big smile.  Our pictures should be in by Friday or Saturday!  They are really fast.

Tonight was zumba and I cannot miss zumba.  I love it so much.  Ryan came along and did his own thing and Jaimee went to daycare.  Even though we weren't all doing the same thing it was kind of fun to all be at the same place.

Tomorrow I have some baking to do- banana bread and cookies- and then in the evening a hotel about 15 minutes away that has an indoor waterpark does Twillight Swim where from 4-9pm you can use the waterpark for $6 and not have to stay the night so we'll take Jaimee and do that.  It has 2 or 3 slides, a lazy river, a zero depth pool and some other fun stuff. Anyone wanna come with?!

With Ryan home, I decided to try and work on getting jaimee to sleep COMPLETELY through the night (10-12 hours straight).  I read something that said sometimes when the mom goes in the baby can smell the milk and expects to be fed so I was going to alternate with Ryan going in and just laying her back down but I actually am trying something else.  I have woke her up the past two nights before I go to bed and nurse her and she has slept all through the night so we'll see if it continues to work.  I hate having to do another thing before bed but its worth it to not get interrupted in the night.  Even though she often only gets up once, it makes a world of difference in how rested I feel if I don't have to get up with her.

I will try to blog more often so my blogs don't get so lengthy.  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  I would love to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. Smell the milk?? LOL! I can ensure you that Josie is not smelling any milk on me and she still wants to be fed. Good luck on getting her sleeping through the night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not but that's not the first time I have read something saying that babies smell their mother's milk. It does sound crazy though.

    ReplyDelete