Thursday, November 19, 2009

Weekend Catchup

Ryan came home last weekend.  Its always nice to have him home.  Jaimee lights up when he walks in the room or hears his voice.  Unfortunately, most of the weekend was spent working on the stupid Impala.  The leak is fixed but after having the car for a week and keeping it in the garage, the floors/carpets were still sopping wet.  Ryan pulled the carpet up on the passanger side and we rented a blower machine and got that side all dried out only to discover that the driver's side had tons of water under the carpet too so Ryan pulled ALL of the carpet out of the car and it is laying in the garage drying out.  There is like 3 inches of spongy foam underneath car carpet that was just FULL of water and is taking its time to dry.  The good news...its dry now, there's not as much rust or mold as we thought, and Ryan has driven in rain and there is no more water coming in!

My parents came up Saturday night and we carried one of our couches downstairs (I sold the downstairs couches on craigslist) and watched a movie after our yummy supper.  Well, Ryan watched a movie while mom and I watched Jaimee play and dad worked on the computer.  It was fun to have company and to just "hang out."

Jaimee rode a trike and decided that that is what she wants for Christmas.  She's still a little young but we are trying to buy her presents that she will grow into over the next year.  Its so much fun to look at stuff for her and remember the toys I loved and wanted.  The teacher in me comes out too and I want to set up "centers" in my house: science/math, writing/drawing, imagination play, etc and do circle with a school calandar and do the month/date with her each day.  I have to keep reminding myself that she's only 9 months old.

So after my whole carpet ordeal my dad offered to take a look at my carpet cleaner to see if he could fix it (he had an idea of what might be wrong).  In the meantime, I had an idea too and went and checked and yep...I had the vacuum set to work with the hand tool instead of the floors and that is why the thing wouldn't work.  Duh!!

Jaimee and I have been going to the mall a lot this week.  Mainly for just something to do to get us out of the house.  They have a nice play area in there as well that is nice and squishy soft and Jaimee enjoys playing/watching the other kids play.  While we were there, Jaimee worked her little charm on a cashier at the Pretzel store and scored us a free lemonaide.  The lady said "here, for your baby."  lol  We have also gotten quite a bit of our Christmas shopping done.  I'm so looking forward to the holidays coming up.  Its a lot of fun to get to share them with someone who hasn't experienced them before (aka Jaimee).

No comments:

Post a Comment